Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hump or Dump: Cauliflower Ear

DUMP: I used to think cauliflower ear was wicked sweet, then I saw this mangled fetus looking thing and it made me change my mind. Cauliflower ear is about as cool as cauliflower. I am still not a fan of headgear, so I won't tell you guys and gals to go out buying it, but at least get the shiet drained if you ever get it. I see so many people with it though, that it kind of throws me off. To be honest, unless jiu-jitsu is your life and you do it on a regular basis...when I say regular I mean everyday, you should not have cauliflower ear. If you train once a week, and you have it after 1 yr then it is probably attributed to poor, rough, technique-less jiu-jitsu. Now I am not afraid of getting cauliflower ear, because face it, I do jiu-jitsu. There are a million other things to be afraid of like, getting choked. But I do not think it looks good, anymore. I do wonder if it is like having unprotected sex though. You may not want a baby or STD, but nobody is really doing anything to stop either of them from happening. Ciao!